Why do you need a local agent to sell your home?
A local agent brings more than relationships to the selling process. They bring an expertise and network to promote the sale and will save you money in the long run.
Here’s a list of what you get when you have an agent represent you:
- Experience in the process and technicalities of the market, due diligence, and escrow.
- A marketing department that will present your home in the best way possible and extend its reach to get your property in front of more potential buyers.
- Management of all reporting (examples: soils, permitting, non-conforming structures, sewers, electrical, etc.), title issues, easements, and leans
- Pricing your house properly because we know the market in your zip code
- Scott Moore Group agents are unique because we also have an in-house developer and general contractor to make informed assessments on your house without hiring outside consultants. If any renovations are needed to increase the value, they will be able to make them in-house as well. Not many agents can say that!
In terms of money saved, hiring an agent will save you money because their commission increases your cost basis, in lieu of paying taxes.
At the end of the day, you’re only paying 65% of the listing agent’s commission because of the tax you would have paid on the gains. Otherwise, you would be paying capital gains on the profits (unless otherwise exempt).