7 Outdoor Entertaining Tips to Save Time!
Summer at home means outdoor dining all-day every day. When you decide to have friends over, it becomes a little more work, and a little more chaotic. Here are some of our favorite tips and tricks from Real Simple that will help you save time on before, during, and after the party.
- Skip the table cloth. Use brown craft paper as a table runner for a casual look that cleans up in one swoop to the garbage.
- Plates don’t have to match! An eclectic look feels more laid back and makes the table look more fun.
- Umbrellas help people know where to sit. Set up multiple umbrellas around the yard with tables. Also helps for safe social distancing.
- Indoor furniture and decor can help make your patio look nicer and feel more cozy.
- Encourage guests to serve themselves at the bar. Use a mobile bar cart that can travel with the party.
- Floating flowers (like peonies, lilies, daisies) in a glass bowl are much faster than full arrangements. They also sit low and don’t obstruct your view at the table.
- Buy your favorite local bakery’s treats for dessert. Show your guests a taste of your neighborhood!